PDF eSigning template is the most commonly used type of template in Circularo.
Any PDF document can be saved as a template, along with the definition of signature and fillable fields, participant roles, and even individual recipients.
Already pre-prepared PDF templates (i.e PDF documents that already contain embedded fields) can also be used. Circularo will recognize the fields automatically and replace them with their Circularo equivalents.
Creating PDF eSigning templates
As mentioned above, you can either
1. upload an already existing PDF acrobat form with fields, or
2. create a PDF template in Circularo from scratch.
Using an existing PDF form
This option, as of now, comes with some restrictions and limitations, which are the following:
- Only single-user forms can currently benefit from automatic field recognition. It is, of course, possible to add multiple parties/recipients to your PDF form but all fields will be automatically assigned to the same person.
- Automatic field detection depends on multiple factors, mostly related to the way the form was originally prepared. Therefore, we currently cannot 100% guarantee that all fields will be recognized.
To learn how to turn an already existing PDF form into a template, see the How to fill and sign PDF forms guide.
Creating a PDF template from scratch
To create a template, go to the Templates section in the menu and select New Template. You can also right click on any existing template to Duplicate it.
Start with either uploading a new document from your desktop or selecting an existing document stored in Circularo.
Alternatively, you can also browse your documents stored externally in GDrive, Dropbox, or OneDrive and upload them as a Template directly to Circularo.
In the next step, you need to decide whether you want to just save the new Template as-is or if you would like to define the eSigning process including the signature fields and other placeholders.
A saved template can be updated at any time after you have created and saved it, including the definition of the signatories and other workflow participants, signature fields, and other fillable fields.
By clicking on the Continue button, the document will be converted to PDF and you will be able to start defining the signatories and signing fields as you would during the standard eSigning process.
- Select signatories and other workflow participants.
- Set the signing order, add rights (Can View/Needs to Sign) and names/titles to all the recipients, and add specific users if you know that they will be signing the document repeatedly by adding their email addresses.
- Place the signature and fillable fields for recipients on the template document and set their properties and restrictions.
- Once the template is ready, it can be either saved or saved and immediately used.
- After saving the template, Circularo will redirect you to the Template preview, where you can perform any important action (Edit, Rename, Delete, etc.)
Turn document into a template